Your fellow PAHCOM members will provide guidance when you confront a challenge. When you know where to turn for answers it will really raise your hero stock in the office.
PAHCOM is the premier source of support and resources for managers and administrators of healthcare practices.
When you're looking for support as a medical office manager, PAHCOM is the best resource in the country! PAHCOM has been contributing to the professional growth of medical practice managers since 1988. We continue to lead the industry with the focused support and resources you need to excel!
Connect to thousands of your peers
PAHCOM is a national network of thousands of medical office managers serving the medical community, just like you. PAHCOM has an unmatched state of the art infrastructure custom designed to connect you and your peers for the purpose of networking and sharing knowledge. Don't reinvent the wheel. The answers are right here, in your association!
- ListServ Forum - Our email service has proven excellent for posing operational questions to thousands of other medical office managers. Ask anything from the group's impression of a vendor you're considering to how to address employer or employee issues. Even “meaningful use” is made understandable!
- Member Directory - Every PAHCOM member can easily contact any other member directly through the PAHCOM Member Directory. Find other members by location or specialty. Pam used the Member Directory when she moved to a new specialty and wanted to know details for a psychiatric practice. Her PAHCOM peers offered a wealth of support allowing her to hit the ground running and be a hero for her new doctors.
- Member Library - Access to files and documents of all kinds relating to medical office management. PAHCOM members have contributed hundreds of documents to this collection over the years. Here are examples:
- Employee Time-Off Request Form
- HIPAA Security and Privacy letter to patients
- PA/NP Performance Review
- Stage 2 Final Rules
- Orientation checklist, employee
Top Tier Education and Certification
PAHCOM is your advocate to consolidate information and resources specific to medical practice needs.
- Certification - PAHCOM Certifications test and document professional level skills and knowledge for medical office managers.
- CMM - Certified Medical Manager
- HITCM-PP - Health Information Technology Certified Manager for Physician Practice
- CMS Webinar Series - EHR Incentive Programs, Meaningful Use, Stages 1&2, etc. are currently being presented from CMS to PAHCOM on a regular basis. We give you slide decks and webinar recordings as well as shortcuts to more information from CMS specific to you, the medical office manager. The EHR Series has been such a success, we're planning a ICD-10 Webinar Series coming soon!
- Annual Conference - We've listened and know what's most important to you. #1 is quality speakers presenting critical topics and we've got that nailed! Earn up to 17 CEUs, network with hundreds of your peers from across the country, and get certified. A beach front Florida hotel in October doesn't hurt either.
- Education Calendar - Partnership and PAHCOM education all in one place, displayed in an easy to review format. All of this is pre-approved and applicable to medical office management.
- Local Chapters - Experienced managers in local regions pull "in person" educational opportunities together for you. Most chapters meet monthly and offer CEU approved education from local leaders.
Progressive Representation in the Industry
PAHCOM actively participates in programs that make a difference for medical practices. Our partnerships with other industry leaders give you a voice and ensure your practice needs are kept forefront and supported!
- Partnered with CMS on PAHCOM focused education
- Developed the only Certification for Health Information Technology specifically for medical office managers (HITCM-PP)
- Engaged industry leaders with years of HIT experience
- Created a manual that focuses on small practice HIT needs (for managers)
- Follows ONC regulatory guidelines
- Identifies specifics for small practice needs
- Partnerships with Colleges
- Academic Credentialing Program - Select college programs include the Certified Medical Manager - Academic (CMM-A) certification as part of their graduation process.
- PAHCOM Manuals used at text books
- Student memberships in select curriculums
Have a questions about PAHCOM?