Your fellow PAHCOM members can provide guidance when you run into a challenge. When you know where to turn for answers it can really raise your hero stock in the office.
PAHCOM is the premier source of support and resources for managers and administrators of solo and small group healthcare practices.
When you're looking for support as a medical office manager, no association comes close to providing you the best resources in the country! PAHCOM has been supporting solo physician and small group physician practice managers since 1988 and we continue to lead the industry with the best support and resources available anywhere.
Connect to thousands of your peers
PAHCOM is a national network of thousands of medical office managers in the same position as you. PAHCOM has an unmatched state of the art infrastructure custom designed to connect you to your peers for the purpose of sharing knowledge. Don't reinvent the wheel. The answers are right here, in your association!
- ListServ Forum - Email service excellent for posing operational questions to thousands of other medical office managers. Ask anything from the group's impression of a vendor you're considering to how to handle employee issues or questions about meaningful use.
- Member Search - Every PAHCOM member can easily contact any other member directly with this service. Find other members based on their location or specialty. Pam used Member Search when she moved to a new specialty and wanted to know details for a Psychiatric practice. Her PAHCOM peers offered a wealth of support allowing her to hit the ground running and be a hero for her new doctors.
- Member Library - Access to files and documents of all kinds relating to medical office management. PAHCOM members have contributed hundreds of documents to this collection over the years. Here are examples:
- Employee Time-Off Request Form
- HIPAA Security and Privacy letter to patients
- PA/NP Performance Review
- Stage 2 Final Rules
- Orientation checklist, employee
Top Tier Education and Certification
PAHCOM is your advocate consolidating information and resources specific to small practice needs.
- Certification - PAHCOM Certifications test and document expert level skills and knowledge for medical office managers.
- CMM - Certified Medical Manager
- HITCM-PP - Health Information Technology Certified Manager for Physician Practice
- CMS Webinar Series - EHR Incentive Programs, Meaningful Use, Stages 1&2, etc. are currently being presented from CMS to PAHCOM on a regular basis. We give you slide decks and webinar recordings as well as shortcuts to more information from CMS specific to you, the medical office manager. The EHR Series has been such a success, we're planning a ICD-10 Webinar Series coming soon!
- Annual Conference - We've listened and know what's most important to you. #1 is quality speakers presenting critical topics and we've got that nailed! Earn up to 17 CEUs, network with hundreds of your peers from across the country, and get certified. A beach front Florida hotel in October doesn't hurt either.
- Education Calendar - Partnership and PAHCOM education all in one place, displayed in an easy to review format. All of this is pre-approved and applicable to medical office management.
- Local Chapters - Senior managers in local regions pull "in person" educational opportunities together for you. Most chapters meet monthly and offer CEU approved education from local leaders.
Progressive Representation in the Industry
PAHCOM actively participates in programs that make a difference for small practices. Our partnerships with other industry leaders give you a voice and ensure small practice needs are kept forefront and supported!
- Partnered with CMS on PAHCOM focused education
- Developed the only Certification for Health Information Technology specifically for medical office managers (HITCM-PP)
- Engaged industry leaders with years of HIT experience
- Created a manual that focuses on small practice HIT needs (for managers)
- Follows ONC regulatory guidelines
- Identifies specifics for small practice needs
- Partnerships with Colleges
- Academic Credentialing Program - Select college programs include the Certified Medical Manager - Academic (CMM-A) certification as part of their graduation process.
- PAHCOM Manuals used at text books
- Student memberships in select curriculums
Have a questions about PAHCOM?